Old Victorian House, the Pink Lady

Classic Queen Anne Eastlake style Victorian home known as "The Pink Lady". Designed by the famed San Francisco Newsom Brothers and architects of the Carson Mansion, the Pink Lady was built in 1889 by William Carson as a wedding gift to his son J. Milton Carson. During the 1940's the property left the Carson family and became a boarding house and eventually fell into disrepair.

In 1963 the property was purchased by Robert Madsen, a local real estate broker and former city councilman and mayor of Eureka. It was immediately restored to its former glory and has been looked after and maintained by the Madsen family ever since. During the restorations in 1963-1964, a decision to paint the mansion bright pink was made in order to contrast its color with the dark color of the Carson Mansion.

You look at all houses
Old Victorian House, the Pink Lady
Old Victorian House, the Pink Lady

De Nederlandse vlag The Britisch flag
© Copyright Elisabeth 2004 - 2020 / Last update: Mar 29 2020